- Bunkie Demographics
- Centralized and connected to the world around
- A better draw to a better life
- Industrial parks
- A Power Point Overview of Bunkie
- Economic Development Strategic Plan
The Bunkie Chamber of Commerce is ready to work with businesses to help build a successful startup plan. Our economic development industrial park in Bunkie is ready for development with incentives and training grants to draw in new industry. Tax credit incentive programs, such as Work Opportunity Tax Credit Zones, has helped business grow with low-cost skilled labor. Bunkie is good for business development due to the following: little union activity, easy permitting, competitive below-average wage, and government support from local, state, and federal agencies for infrastructure to support startups with business development grants.
- Better business protection from hurricanes in Gulf Coast area
- Central US location for economical deliveries East and West of the Mississippi River
- Economical container transportation to New Orleans Port, Avoyelles Atchafalaya River port, and Red River Waterways
- Below the southern frost line
- Geographic center allowing quick access via interstate travel to all major Louisiana cities reached in shorter commute times than living in most major metropolitan areas.
- Alexandria International Airport, convenient 30 minute access to the world through area international air travel
- Bunkie Municipal Airport for private planes
- Broad reliable utility and communication infrastructure
- Union Pacific Railroad services Bunkie area main switching lines
- Acadiana Railway handles the feeder line to other plants in Opelousas, LA area. This area offers great access to industrial rail siding site development
- Go Zone Tax incentive area just a few miles southwest of Bunkie along Acadiana Railway
- Fiberoptic Bunkie access along I-49; see map here.
Education is the key to building a stronger Avoyelles.
The Avoyelles Parish School Board focuses on the latest diverse educational programs to provide educational opportunities to help students to be better prepared for the next level of education or skilled matched in the competitive business markets. Some of these new educational opportunities for today's students are:
- New Tech learning campus at Bunkie.
- LaSAS agricultural campus near Bunkie.
- Avoyelles Public Charter Schools
- Louisiana Technical College for productivity in the changing labor markets.
- St. Anthony of Padua School
- Louisiana College
- Affordable real estate, giving you more square footage for much less than any of the surrounding metropolitan areas and parishes.
- Low property taxes, in some cases 10% of other surrounding parishes resulting in low cost living expenses.
- Close proximity to all services, recreational, commercial, social, and religious establishments having no traffic and commute times. Close proximity to home town services from medical services, hospitals, and pharmacist.
- Sportsman's paradise close proximity to great fresh water & salt water fishing, hunting, signature golf resorts and local golf clubs, water skiing, mountain / road biking, and quality back country hiking.
- Variety of cultural offerings of performing and fine arts in the close proximity to Alexandria, Baton Rouge, and Lafayette.
- Broad recreational options from youth programs, civic clubs, service clubs, and Seniors' programs.
- Social Events for everyone such as the Corn Festival, Mardi Gras Ball, parades, and fireworks.
- Low utility cost and cooperative pro-economic development service.
- CLECO Power builds successful low cost competitive businesses.
- Bunkie General Hospital - Critical Access Hospital which utilizes state of the art information technology including fiberoptic connectivity. One of the top 20% of hospitals wired in the US.
- Easy to get to health and fitness for all ages from water aerobics to fitness clubs at Bunkie Wellness Center, Louisiana College pool and health club, LSUA pool, Opelousas pool and wellness center.
- Secure area from coastal hurricane areas and hurricane evacuation routes.
- Natural gas, the cheaper utility service in Bunkie.
The Bunkie Chamber of Commerce welcomes businesses seeking land development sites or economic development incentives. Please visit our details on the 148 acre industrial site along HWY 115 West specification sheet (here) which is ready for business development. See the Official LED Certified Site Notice. (here(Contact the Bunkie Chamber of Commerce (here)or the Mayor of Bunkie. at your earliest. In addition, contact the Chamber for information about additional business development sites in our area.